Why choose Sage Institute of Aged Care?
Is aged care your true calling? If you want to make a difference to the lives of the elderly in your community, then you need to get qualified with the Sage Aged Care Worker Program. Here are 11 great reasons why we think you should choose Sage:
- You will be trained on the most up to date nationally-recognised Certificate IV qualification in the industry. Sage is the first Victorian training organisation to offer full-time classroom delivery of the Certificate IV in Ageing Support (CHC43015) in 2016.
- To be the best, you must learn from the best. Our trainers are reputed throughout the industry for their exceptional skill, compassion and experience. They are passionate advocates for aged care and believe strongly in making a difference to the lives of elderly people. They understand exactly what it takes to live the life of an aged care professional and will provide you with excellent preparation for the challenges, joys and rewards of this most generous and noble of vocations as an aged care worker.
- State and Federal Government-funding is available for eligible students for the Certificate IV in Ageing Support (CHC43015), which means you can complete your studies for just a fraction of the normal cost. Call our friendly Career Advisors now on 1300 993 993 to find out more.
- Flexible delivery options – study full-time during the day or part-time in the evening and at weekends. We have multiple intakes throughout the year so you don’t have to wait. You can start your new career now.
- Your Certificate IV training is entirely classroom-based. Unlike other providers, we do not believe in providing online training for aged care. Our philosophy is to provide you with best practice and expert tuition in a helpful, nurturing learning environment that ensures nobody gets left behind and everyone progresses at the best pace for them.
- Sage’s Aged Care Worker Program doesn’t just deliver your Certificate IV in Ageing Support, it also includes a First Aid Qualification (HLTAID003) and the Sage Leisure & Lifestyle Programming Course. The Leisure & Lifestyle Programming Course was requested by the industry and is unique to Sage. This course aims to equip graduates with practical skills to promote the leisure and health of clients in residential, home or community-based environments.
- Learn at a campus near you – Sage has multiple Melbourne-based campuses including Melbourne CBD (right beside Southern Cross Station), Oakleigh, Elsternwick and Geelong.
- Start your Certificate IV immediately – there is no pre-requisite for a Certificate III to begin this course, which means you can get qualified while saving time and money.
- Real world, practical experience at an aged care facility is mandatory at Sage. Your training will include 120 hours of supervised practical work experience, giving you the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to succeed in your new career.
- The Sage Aged Care Worker Program is delivered over a 10-month intensive training program (there are no breaks for semesters). Instead of taking a full year or longer to qualify because of interruption to course content, you can be out working in the industry sooner doing what you want to do most – making a difference to the lives of the elderly in a new rewarding career.
- Your transition from aged care student to aged care professional will be fully supported by our Career Agents who are out on the road every day, seeking new opportunities for our graduates through our extensive Career Partner Network.
Sage Institute of Aged Care – it’s more than a job, it’s a rewarding career.