Aged Care Courses: Full-time Vs Part-time
At Sage Institute of Aged Care, we offer both full-time and part-time courses so you can choose what works best with your lifestyle. Of course, there are pros and cons to both choices, so let’s have a look at both options so you can understand what might suit you best…
- Your time as a student can certainly be a rewarding one. Choosing to study Aged Care full-time gives you a wonderful opportunity to throw yourself into the world of study and learning with little distraction. Studying Aged Care almost every day is a brilliant way of keeping yourself focused, and allowing yourself to absorb all the theoretical and practical knowledge like a sponge, keeping the material fresh in your mind. You will be bouncing ideas off like-minded students as you prepare yourself for your new and rewarding career as an Aged Care professional.
- You’ll get qualified in no time at all! When studying full-time, the period of study time will be shorter, allowing you to get into the workforce sooner. If time is an issue for you, or you simply can’t wait to get started on your new career, a full-time Aged Care course might be just the ticket for you!
- Start earning money sooner! The sooner you complete your studies, the sooner the chances of qualification and the sooner you get to earn a regular salary. For some, this deciding factor is all the incentive they need.
- Does the idea of going back to student life (or becoming a student for the first time) scare you? We understand that for some people, the idea of study can be a bit daunting, but we’re happy to say that most people find that once they have experienced student life, it is not nearly as overwhelming as they first thought. In fact, it can be a cherished time in their life. However, we understand that this is something that you need to experience yourself, so immersing yourself in the world of study with a part-time course may be the best option for you. Do remember also that we have full-time career advisors on hand every day of the week to discuss any concerns you may have about your new life as a student. Call us any time!
- Maintain an income while you study. If you have to watch your budget closely, or you have lifestyle commitments, large repayments and/or dependents, studying full-time may just not be realistic for you. A part-time study arrangement will allow you to keep earning while you study, taking away any unnecessary financial concerns.
- Do you already work in an affiliated health industry? If this is the case, you may find that part-time study may suit you as you can absorb information slowly, applying it to your current job. You will be able to appreciate the relevance of the material in your course, and slowly transition from your current position in the healthcare industry to the Aged Care industry.
- Full-Time Aged Care Studentstake classes on weekdays
- Part-Time Aged Care Studentstake classes over a selection of weeknights and weekend hours.
If you’d like to discuss your personal situation in depth with one of our expert career advisors to find out which option is better for you, just give us a call at any time on 1300 993 993.
Sage Institute of Aged Care – is more than a job, it’s a rewarding career
Latest posts by Vicki Tuchtan (see all)
- Do you have what it takes to be a PCA (Personal Care Assistant)? - December 22, 2016
- PCA Courses: all you need to know! - December 22, 2016
- Substance abuse stereotypes outdated by new info on Australia’s seniors - December 20, 2016